Henrik Home at MSG Tonight Photos!

Friday, October 15, 2010

The game is actually going on right now. We're down 1. But Henrik is making some amazing saves as I type. I've got some photos of opening night at MSG to share. Most are from the NY Rangers twitter feed and @njrobynf. When Henrik was introduced he got the loudest cheers!

From Recently Updated

This photo was released today by the NY Rangers twitter and facebook. Henrik looks so comfortable and adorable in those soft jeans and sweatshirt hoodie that looks so comfy! And it looks adorable. I want one. Apparently you can only get it at the MSG stores. It looks soooo soft. Imagine cuddling up next to Henrik wearing that. He'd have to beat em off with a stick if he ever went wandering outside wearing that with those jeans!

From Recently Updated

Click for larger photo. Henrik on ice during warmups.

From Recently Updated

You can pretend you're there in this photo. Click for a larger view to see a teeny Lundqvist on the ice.

From Recently Updated

Henrik kneeling and praying to the ancient Swedish viking hockey gods for a good night.

From Recently Updated

Henrik's back and hockey butt (He's referred to his derrière as a hockey butt before in case you're upset that his rock hard athletic body is being objectified. It is.). I'm assuming those big white things behind the knees are part of the pad?

From Recently Updated

Henrik skating out while getting introduced.

From Recently Updated

Henrik in his spot in the circle after getting introduced. Apparently they all skated out and stood in a circle around the logo. Down at the bottom of the photo notice the Scottish men in kilts. Was there a pipe and drum entrance by the Scots? Not something I'd normally expect in a word association with NY Rangers.

From Recently Updated

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sadly we lost..............4-3

christine said...

Yeah I watched it. I don't even want to talk about it. I am so pissed at our defense. Henrik was incredible. He was amazing. I can't believe we lost at home in the opening game!

Trish said...

NYC, New England, Northeast in general often have pipe and drum bands as part of the police force, which is a big part of NYC life, and something the Rangers often try to support/incorporate. So pipes and drums seems reasonable at an opening Ranger game to me - although I wasn't able to attend or even watch.

That said, sounds like a craptastical game all around for HL and the NYR - injuries, bad D, an OT loss... :(

christine said...

@Trish Oh wow! That is really cool they have pipe and drum bands with the police forces! The only pipe and drum bands around here are not associated with anything. They're just Celtic/Scottish pipe and drum bands.

Joesayfan said...

That sweatshirt photo is one of my favorite I've ever seen of him. I also love the jeans and sweatshirt. He looks so laid-back and adorable!!

christine said...

I know! I have this overwhelming urge to snuggle with his chest everytime I see that photo.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP