Henrik's Coming Back Saturday!!!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I declare Saturday the 28th Official Henrikday! He's coming back on Saturday! I think we need a group of Henrik fans to meet him at the airport with cheers. I wonder if Avery will let us know what flight he's on so we can meet Hank with posters and bagels.

Feel free to stare at this 3 minute interview with Hank until he's back on TV. I love that shirt he's wearing. Yummy. Thanks to Trish for the heads up on this!

I can't believe how fast he is going side to side, backing up, etc. He's crazy fast. Like Jimmy Johns, except for hockey.

Oh, and apparently Sean Avery think Henrik is SEXY. Hmm....

6 comments:

Robyn said...

You talked about his skating - I started ice skating this summer and now I'm even more impressed on what he does on skates!

Oh, and count me in for the airport greeting!! ;)

christine said...

I ice skated grade school through high school and ended my lessons at Freestyle 1 with spins and jumps. And I'M amazed and stunned at how agile and fast Henrik is especially with those bulky and probably heavy pads on. He's like a knight of old in heavy armor and yet agile and deadly enough to snatch a puck out of the air travelling 90 miles an hour.

JennaW said...

Actally as a goalie that wears similar pads, they are suprisingly light. But they are bluky and hard to maneuver in.
He's definatly a rolemodel and fun to watch!

Carol (José Théodore Blog) said...

I found it interesting when Hutch told us that goalie skates are only sharpened on one side. Maybe that makes it easier for him to do that back and forth thing as opposed to if he was wearing other skates. But of course, it's still quite impressive. And so cool to watch.

christine said...

I forgot they were sharpened on one side. The inside edge must be the one not sharpened so he can do that quick jack in the box stuff. Still, it's insane how fast he is with all that bulky stuff on.

Trish said...

I may be wrong, but I don't know if it's an issue of the goalie skates being sharpened only on one side. I do know that the bottom surface of the blade is flatter (regular skates have an arch so there are two sharp edges). It does make sliding from side to side easier, but they are hella difficult to try and skate normally in if you're not used to them.

And as somebody said above, the pads really aren't that heavy (especially super fancy, expensive pro ones like his), just suuuuuper awkward and bulky.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP