Henke Lundqvist in Kenny Jonsson's Retirement Game

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Henke played one period in a farwell retirement game for Kenny Jonsson on Saturday. It was a tribute match for the former NHL star and national team member. It was played before packed Lindab Arena in Angelholm, Sweden.

From Henrik Lundqvist Hockey Goalie God Blog

He has two fingers taped and then it looks like more tape on his hand. Is this normal for goalies or is Henrik having some hand pain as well?

They were called Kenny's All Star Team and the biggest cheers were for Kenny's brother, Jorgen Jonsson, in his return to Angelholm, Henrik Lundqvist, Mats Sundin and Daniel Alfredsson.

There was a also apparently a one hour training session the day before the tribute game with Henrik in attendance. That's the photo with Henrik wearing the red jersey. He was besieged by autograph hounds after the training practice.

From Henrik Lundqvist Hockey Goalie God Blog



From Henrik Lundqvist Hockey Goalie God Blog

3 comments:

Carol (José Théodore Blog) said...

Ooohh...great photos!! I've seen them with tape on their fingers before, but I guess I don't know the purpose. I'll let someone more knowledgeable say for sure.

It looks like Henrik had fun...I hope so. I'll have to check online for some video or something.

I remember a commercial years ago with Mats Sundin in it...don't remember if it was an NHL commercial or what. I'll have to look it up on YouTube.

Trish said...

Doubt it's hand pain. It's just a goalie thing, usually. Even the goalie on my next-to-nothing team tapes those same fingers. I think she said it's just a little extra support for the fingers on the glove side, just in case a wonky catch were to want to bend the fingers the wrong way.

And might I just say HL looks damn purdy in that first picture in the locker room there... *swoon* ;)

Carol (I Love Goalies! Blog) said...

Oh my goodness...I was looking online for more photos, and I found one of Henrik during the Jonsson extravaganza weekend of him in the locker room, and he was WEARING THE BLUE AND WHITE PLAID SHIRT!!! I was hyperventilating I was so excited!!!

I made another post on my I Love Goalies blog about it and included the photo. Feel free to put it here too, Christine, if you'd like. I borrowed one of yours from the radio interview in said shirt.

I love, love, love that shirt. I am just ga-ga for Henrik when he wears it!!!

http://ilovegoalies.blogspot.com/2010/08/oh-happy-day-my-most-favorite-shirt-of.html

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP