Henrik Lundqvist's Lamborghini Photos

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Henrik got his bright orange Lambo transformed over the summer by Performance Industries. Here's the first photo album of when they started taking Henrik's Lamborghini apart.
henrik lundqvist lamborghini

Project Lambo is officially under way... We started taking the car apart, the interior has been gutted and the car is ready for the paint booth. It will go in today and get re-sprayed matte black. We already finished the wheels in black as you can see in the photos. The car is nearing completion so stay tuned for updates photos over the next couple of weeks!


And here's a midjob quote and photo album.
NY Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist's Lambo has been stripped and painted matte black. The car will be getting wrapped up this week. We are waiting for some special ordered parts, so stay tuned for pictures and updates through the next few days!

henrik lundqvist lamborghini
And now Henrik's Lambo is done!
Henrik Lundqvist's Lambo is complete. We gave this car a matte black paint job, with gloss black wheels. We added 20% tint to finish off the stealth look.

henrik lundqvist lamborghini
henrik lundqvist lamborghini
I can still make out Henrik's license plate number. They didn't blur it near enough.
henrik lundqvist lamborghini
I don't actually like Lambos. I think they're ugly cars with too many straight lines. I'd normally say the owners were compensating for something. However since it's Henrik, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I see some proof. :D

12 comments:

Anna said...

I don't like them either, and I think that if you have crashed a lambo once, you have proven that you're not supposed to drive in one at all. And shouldn't try and see if you're as lucky next time. But maybe that's just me, I'm afraid of anything that has speed lol!

Carol (José Théodore Blog) said...

I just don't give a crap about cars, period. As long as a car runs well and gets me where I need to go, I don't care. And fast is definitely not necessary, since all of my cars so far have been 4 cylinders.

I think it's a guy thing. If I showed this to my husband, he'd probably think it was cool.

That being said, I do like the black better than the gray it used to be. Black is sharper.

christine said...

It used to be the horrid yellow/orange color.

I like sexy or powerful cars like original Dodge Chargers, Maserati Ghibli, Maserati MC12, Aston Martin, older Ferraris with curves, older Porsches with curves. Curvy, sleek powerful cars are just amazingly gorgeous and stunning. And they get my motor running! Almost as well as Henrik does. LOL

Joesayfan said...

Oh, I thought I remembered seeing the photo of when Henrik wrecked his car, and it was a gray color. Must be thinking of something else...

christine said...

Oh you're right. The wrecked one was gray. The new one was yellow/orange.

Trish said...

Meh, I'm of the same mindset as Carol - if the car goes where it needs to, it's done the most important thing.

Mostly I hate people who have car types they don't need. Soccer moms in the suburbs don't need giant 4WD gas-guzzling SUVs that were meant for off-roading; people in combat or doing field work need those. And hockey goalies who spend most of their time stuck in Manhattan traffic or driving the winding Taconic Parkway to practice in Tarrytown upstate do not need race cars. Like you said in the post - what are they trying to prove? :p

Boys and their toys, I guess, but I'd be sooooo much more impressed with any celebrity/athlete/rich person in general if they got a sensible, safe car. Like a generic Subaru sedan or something. Or better yet, a hybrid, like Tom Hanks or Leonardo DiCaprio have.

christine said...

I'd like to see Henrik get in a 2003 Ford Taurus. But he'd probably spontaneously combust.

Trish said...

Lol, '03 Taurus would make even my car better than his, so yes, combustion would be likely. But what about something like a Volvo? It's not bargain basement, but it's not a million dollar toy. And it's all Swedish and whatnot. He loves his Swedish clothes, why not a reasonable, homegrown Swedish car too? :p

Trish said...

Oh, and it might not be his license plate on there either, maybe just a temp one from the car place or something, because it doesn't have the front plate (required in NY) or the NYS registration and inspection stickers on the windshield either. So unless cars like that (or rich sports stars) get different rules/special treatment, it's not actually road-ready anyway.

christine said...

I think he should drive a SAAB. It's Swedish and I like SAABs. Plus there was an honest to god personality study on SAAB owners that showed they were intelligent and quirky. I think hockey goalies are quirky so the brand would fit him!

Joesayfan said...

Oh...so you're saying this is a different car than the one he wrecked? I thought he was getting it fixed. Guess now that I think about it, that one was probably too crunched to fix. I thought there was only one car...my confusion.

I guess we need to remember that Henrik is only 28. He always seems so much older. But he's still a young guy...they loves their cars. If my husband had the money, he'd have a fast car too. That's why we have a bumblebee yellow 2006 Mustang down in the garage. He could afford that at least.

christine said...

I think it is because the one he wrecked was gray. I remember the photo. And this one was a godawful orange!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP