Henrik opens NHL in Sweden Next Season

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

henrik lundqvist stockholm sweden
The NY Rangers will open their season in Stockholm, Sweden this fall. All of Henrik's Swedish fans (the whole country?) can now fight to get tickets. This is actually really nice for the all the Swedes that can't make it to the US to catch their national hero in a game.

"It's going to be very exciting," said Henrik Lundqvist, who backstopped Sweden to a gold medal at the 2006 Olympics. "I heard some talks about it for the last few weeks, and to go to Sweden and play a couple of games, maybe even go to Gothenburg (for a preseason game) if that's going to happen - that's my hometown (and home of Frolunda, the team Lundqvist played for in the Swedish Elite League from 2000-05) and that would be very special."

5 comments:

Anna said...

It's a pity I live so far away from Stockholm, but I'm going to try to make it. Can't miss this chance. And yes, it would be amazing if he could play in Gothenburg. Standing O guaranteed, I think, as he brought them two cups!

christine said...

I hope you make it! I can't imagine how boisterous that crowd will be at that game.

Trish said...

I heard elsewhere, as well, that the Frolunda/Gothenburg games are a possibility. You'd have to think both sides would be pulling for it, not only because Hank is from there and played there, but Joel is captain of the Indians. As if the hype for the Rangers' visit isn't high enough already, I think it'd be even higher with the twins playing against each other :)

christine said...

I think a Gothenburg game would be off the charts. He owns that arena! His photo is on a column there! If I had the money I'd be flying over for the Stockholm game. To be in an arena filled with Henrik love!

Anna said...

Yes it's possible they would play against Frölunda... that would be the most amazing thing ever. It would only be a friendly game so I think Henrik would get a lot of love from the crowd. He's probably the most loved ex-Frölunda player alive.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP