Henrik Lundqvist's Girlfriend Therese Andersson

Monday, March 15, 2010

From henrik lundqvist

For all of you wanting more info on Henrik Lundqvist's girlfriend, well this post is for you. Henrik's very, very lucky woman is Therese Andersson. They met in Sweden while he played for Frolunda and have been together since.


Well, there is more than one story on this. One story is that they've been together since 1998. Another story is that they've been off and on and during one off Henrik was dating Victoria Silvstedt. This was when Henrik first came over to play for the Rangers. In his tight jeans and t-shirts period. I wish he'd go back to that period, I miss the jeans and leather jacket.

Therese has been shacking up with Henrik since he's lived in New York in his three apartments there. They've now got a penthouse apartment in Manhattan, a place in South Beach Miami and apartment in central Gothenborg, Sweden. Henrik has said that he rarely does laundry and Therese cooks.

From henrik lundqvist


I have no info on how Henrik and Therese met and I would love to know this. I'm a sucker for stories of how people met. Did they meet before he played for Frolunda, after they won the championship in Sweden, at a bar, in the grocery store?

I've read some things about their relationship and I don't want to believe what I read on the Internet, but I have noticed myself that they don't seem very affectionate. Perhaps this is a Swedish thing? I never see his arm around her, or her arm around him. Ok that's not true, I found ONE photo of them with his arm around her. His other arm was around his mom. Usually Henrik and Therese just stand next to each other.

I'm sure any of you who've been around enough know about the board talk-sports.net. In the girlfriend forum for Henrik Lundqvist is talk of course about his girlfriend. Someone from a Swedish IP address posted that when he played for Frolunda his girlfriend (Therese) was a bitch and no one liked her but she is very controlling and he can't very well ditch her after he brought her to New York. This info comes from an ex girlfriend of a fellow Frolunda hockey player at the time Henrik was with the team.

From henrik lundqvist


There was a Swedish interview that was taping Henrik on a Manhattan street and at one point the camera pans to Therese who was standing behind and off to the side of Henrik with their dog Nova. Therese never once looked at the camera, smiled or even smiled at Henrik. She was looking down at her blackberry texting, let Nova jump all over Henrik and then walked off. I was so embarrassed for Henrik. He turned back to the camera with a "let's ignore that and I have idea what is up with her" look on his face.

Based on that I would have to agree that Therese doesn't have the best personality for dealing with people. If your boyfriend has an interview and you can see they're still filming, then avoid the camera and let them do their thing. Don't stand behind him with the dog which will of course want attention from it's owner, your boyfriend. And don't just ignore the camera once you've been noticed. I would walked forward said hi, waved and then walked off after I had been noticed for interrupting the interview.

Also, if they've been together for 12 years, why the heck have they not gotten married? I mean, wow that is hell of a long time to be dating. Henrik's twin brother got married last summer and has a kid already. When Henrik was questioned on his marriage timeline, Henrik said they do things slower in Sweden and he has no plans to get married or have kids soon and he's fine with the way things are. Hmmm. Also the penthouse in Manhattan is only in Henrik's name.
From henrik lundqvist

Another thing said on the board, of which there is no proof yet, is that Henrik cheats on Therese with cocktail waitresses in New York. Sounds like something anyone would say. The person said they wouldn't share names but won't provide any proof such as dates, times, locations. Nothing. So I'm taking this one as all talk. I'm sure women everywhere are throwing themselves at him though, he is one hot piece of Swede. However, I respect that he has a girlfriend no matter what their relationship is.

I would like point out that his 'number of buttons undone' in photo shoots has dropped over the years. When he first started with the Rangers and was apparently dating Victoria, he had no problem posing in shirts with 3 or more buttons undone. Gasp! Shock! Yes that's right, he showed some skin! The Page Six photo shoot though was a different story as he would barely let two buttons up top be undone because 'he had more respect for his girlfriend'.

77707595
SKIN IS SHOWING!

So I'm going to be Perez Hilton for a second and start my own theory on what happened over the years with the disappearing skin in the photo shoots. What if the cheating rumors are true? He comes out to New York all hot bitch, dates Victoria, shows some skin and helps further Swedish - American relations if you know what I mean.
From henrik lundqvist

Henrik in his Hot Bitch uniform

Then perhaps Therese caught him and gave him an ultimatum. That's usually how it works. So now Henrik has got to be a good boy, or at least sound like one. Hence the disappearing skin and the 'more respect for my girlfriend' remark. But, in the same interview Henrik did say he'd pose nude for at least $5 million. So his respect for his girlfriend is not unlimited.

I'm all out of theories and musings for the moment. Share your theories on the disappearing skin, and whether his girlfriend has him on a tight leash. Well there's a new rumor - Henrik is into S&M and wears a leash! LOL

15 comments:

Tere said...

Where did you get the info that Henrik dated Victoria? It is the first time I read it...

christine said...

I'm trying to track down the link again. I didn't bookmark it. So far here's some info I've found:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article348899.ab

http://www.philadelphiarams.com/2006/03/puck-bunny-v/

There was one article that said they had dated or were a couple in 2006. I cannot at all find it again! I'll keep looking.

Carol said...

I loved being able to see the picture of his family. I'd not seen his parents yet. Nice family. Have you ever seen a picture of his sister? I was just curious if she was dark like the boys or more fair like the other Swedish ladies.

christine said...

I cannot find ANYTHING about the sister. She played tennis and I think her name is Theresa but that's it. No photos, nothing. She got married and after the wedding Henrik and his girlfriend spent time in Mexico but that's all I know!

Carol said...

This was the only mention I found (in Wikipedia, so I know it's not 100% reliable.) "In 1993 the family moved to Båstad, Scania, in southern Sweden to support their older sister Gabriella's tennis career." And I did find online reference to a Gabriella Lundqvist playing college tennis at Sacramento State University in 2001and 2002. That would be someone the right age to be their older sister. But that's the last I found about her.

Tere said...

The article from aftonbladet talks about Henrik and Victoria being at the same party in NY but not that they were together.
Also I have never heard or read anything about them being together here in Sweden and that would have kept the gossip pages busy.

christine said...

Well I hope then that they weren't together as Victoria is a bit, skanky.

Joesayfan said...

Better watch out, Christine. Those might be fighting words in Sweden. ;o) I just hope they aren't together because I don't want him to be a cheater. Break up with one before you mess around with another. Of course, as my husband bluntly points out...that's the way men think. They are not meant to be monogamous. They are programmed to spread their seed to as many women as possible. Blah, blah, blah. Luckily he doesn't act on that! ;o)

Joesayfan said...

By the way, Tere, do you have any other info on the Lundqvist sister, Gabriella? Does she live in Sweden? Just thought you might hear more over there.

Anonymous said...

Gabriella married a California guy she met in college. She still lives in California I think.

Joesayfan said...

Ah, thanks very much for the info about Gabriella.

ram11273 said...

I heard that they met in high school

ram11273 said...

I read somewhere a while ago that they met in high school

ram11273 said...

I heard they met in high school, and have been together ever since than

ram11273 said...

I was at a NYR game and heard 2 guys with accents -maybe Swedish-saying that she had cheated on him....I don't believe that because
WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE????

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP